[Building Sakai] 2.6.2 java heap space error

Boyd, Amy E amyboyd at txstate.edu
Tue Apr 13 08:13:01 PDT 2010

Wondering if anyone out there can help me with this.  We are merging 2.6 with our local changes, and I can't seem to build.  All of the folders/tools will build individually, but from the src directory, I get: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

Running java 1.5.0_19
Apache Maven 2.2.0
OSX snow leopard

My MAVEN_OPTS is set to -Xms256m -Xmx768m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m.  I've played with those numbers some but can't seem to get rid of the error.  Is there something else that could be causing it? This has been going on for several days now and I'm out of ideas at this point.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks -
Amy