[Building Sakai] Multiple Default Skins for My Workspace?

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Sat Apr 10 07:57:33 PDT 2010

Yea, this is exactly how it would work Steve: This was part of
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-15504 for 2.6.0.

   "2.1 if this is a MyWorkspace site, look for template site with id
!user.USER_TYPE first. If not found, look for !user site" -Zhen Qian

So as admin you'd just create a site (and realm if it doesn't exist) for *
!user.guest*,* !user.registered*, etc. (by default the types are
registered,guest,maintain and sample) Then set whatever template, set tools
you want them to have by default. Probably would want to copy *!user* to
save some time on the page setup.

If you needed to extend these user types you'd probably want to modify
whatever external provider (kerberos/ldap/custom) you're using. For
instance, our provider assigns a type of uniqname to separate these accounts
from guest accounts. I'm sure there are more complex configurations.

-Matthew