[Building Sakai] JSP adapter updated

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Wed Apr 7 16:43:55 PDT 2010

For those who are using the Sakai JSP adapter:

Thanks to Matthew Jones from UM we discovered and fixed a bug in the
JSP adapter. This seems to be a rare one and seems to affect no OSX
servers, some linux servers, and some windows servers (though it may
be tied to the version of tomcat being used). If you have an app that
uses the JSP adapter you should upgrade it to this:
       <!-- We need this special package to run the jsps in Sakai -->
       <dependency>
           <groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
           <artifactId>sakai-jsp-adapter</artifactId>
           <version>0.10-K1</version>
           <scope>runtime</scope>
           <exclusions>
               <exclusion>
                   <groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
                   <artifactId>sakai-kernel-api</artifactId>
               </exclusion>
           </exclusions>
       </dependency>

If things are working for you right now then there is no need to
upgrade. If you see an error like the one below when you try to access
a JSP based tool in Sakai then you need to upgrade it.

org.sakaiproject.portal.api.PortalHandlerException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path  does not start with a "/"
character
    at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.doGet(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:770)
caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path  does not start
with a "/" character
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.getRequestDispatcher(ApplicationContext.java:380)

-AZ

--
Aaron Zeckoski - Software Engineer - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile