[Building Sakai] CAS login with local login

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Tue Apr 6 18:22:09 PDT 2010

Actually, the existing code seems to be set up to do this. It keeps a session property indicating whether CAS has been consulted. The first time it calls CAS. If that fails, it calls the normal login screen. I didn't see how that would work because my tests with CAS were in the normal login mode where it either returns with the user logged in or doesn't return. Can you tell me how to call CAS in this mode?

Wouldn't it be easier just to check the cookies to see if there's a CAS cookie present? Or is the cookie not accessible to Sakai?