[Building Sakai] CAS login with local login

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 16:14:05 PDT 2010

With the CAS gateway feature, what happens if a person is not logged into CAS but they should be? From what I have seen, if gateway=true, and they are not logged in to CAS they will be redirected back to the host application. So they would still need to authenticate, and still need to make the decision about what authentication method to click, right?

At present, an incoming request for some Sakai resource consults the CAS server to check if they are authenticated. Does this also check a local user account session? If not, it should. It is then at this point where they have no CAS ticket and no local session that some choice should be made about how to authenticate them.

So three parts.
1. Modify the CAS check so it uses the gateway feature for checking CAS, but not presenting the login box if it fails.
2. Modify Sakai so it also consults a local session to check for authentication.
3. If neither 1 or 2 succeeded, have the intermediate window where they choose how to login.

WDYT?

cheers,
Steve