[Building Sakai] Performance problem

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 30 12:19:38 PDT 2009

 some suggestions from our DBA :

Hi,

We can make some suggestions. Please run the below reports and send us
the output.

sakai_params.lis
sakai_awr_report.log

Thanks,
Prabhu

====================oracle parameters====at sql prompt===

spool sakai_params.lis

show parameters

spool off;

==================AWR report during poor performance======at sql prompt======

EXECUTE DBMS_WORKLOAD_REPOSITORY.CREATE_SNAPSHOT();

---With a 10 min gap create another snapshot---------

EXECUTE DBMS_WORKLOAD_REPOSITORY.CREATE_SNAPSHOT();

select max(snap_id) from dba_hist_snapshot;

MAX(SNAP_ID)
------------
11451

select max(snap_id - 1) from dba_hist_snapshot;

MAX(SNAP_ID-1)
--------------
11450

@$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/awrrpt.sql

Enter value for report_type: text

Specify the Begin and End Snapshot Ids
Enter value for begin_snap: 11450
Begin Snapshot Id specified: 11450

Enter value for end_snap: 11451
End Snapshot Id specified: 11451

Specify the Report Name
The default report file name is awrrpt_1_11450_11451.txt. To use this name,
press <return> to continue, otherwise enter an alternative.

Enter value for report_name: sakai_awr_report.log