[Building Sakai] 2.7 update

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:39:02 PDT 2009

I like the idea of more bundles and less separate services, ala the
edu-service, bringing all the common functionality that these services
depend on, into one module that can be installed or not.

It will make pulling out or adding in tools and services to a local
install much easier. I often  work on the cafe source but as soon as I
want to bring in an additional major tool I find I need half a dozen
other tools as well since they all depend on each other. Having a
smaller subset of service bundles will make this much easier.

Whilst keeping tools separate makes thing more modular, grouping common
services into one makes good sense.

+1

cheers,

Steve Swinsburg