[Building Sakai] Fw: Issue with Search tool "Failed to delete documents"

Earle Nietzel Earle.Nietzel at marist.edu
Mon Sep 28 13:48:52 PDT 2009

I found something out!

java.io.FileNotFoundException: no segments* file found in
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@/mnt/san/indexwork/index-import/15264:
files:

Notice the path "/mnt/san/indexwork/index-import/15264" is on the SAN
which is not the correct location.

localIndexBase at org.sakaiproject.search.api.JournalSettings=${sakai.home}/indexwork
${sakai.home}=/usr/share/tomcat5

It should not be looking on the san for that but in sakai.home. What I did
was copy the ${sakai.home}/indexwork/index-import/15264 to
/mnt/san/indexwork/index-import/15264 and the import stopped having errors
and now search is working again.

I still don't understand why that one segment it was looking on the SAN
for it?

Earle
----- Forwarded by Earle Nietzel/ADM/Marist on 09/28/2009 04:39 PM -----

sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org wrote on 09/28/2009 03:48:18 PM:

> Earle Nietzel <Earle.Nietzel at marist.edu>

> Sakai-Dev <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>

> 09/28/2009 03:49 PM

> [Building Sakai] Issue with Search tool "Failed to delete documents"
>
> Sent by:
>
> sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org
>
> The Search tool is currently not working in our sakai 2.6.0 instance
> and it keeps generating these messages in the log file:
>
> 2009-09-28 13:11:25,073 WARN Timer-3
> org.sakaiproject.search.journal.impl.MergeUpdateOperation - Failed
> to compete merge of 15921
> org.sakaiproject.search.transaction.api.IndexTransactionException:
> Failed to delete documents
>         at

org.sakaiproject.search.journal.impl.JournaledFSIndexStorageUpdateTransactionListener.prepare
> (JournaledFSIndexStorageUpdateTransactionListener.java:168)
>         at

org.sakaiproject.search.transaction.impl.IndexTransactionImpl.firePrepare
> (IndexTransactionImpl.java:313)
>         at
> org.sakaiproject.search.transaction.impl.IndexTransactionImpl.prepare
> (IndexTransactionImpl.java:147)
>         at
> org.sakaiproject.search.journal.impl.MergeUpdateOperation.runOnce
> (MergeUpdateOperation.java:94)
>         at
> org.sakaiproject.search.journal.impl.IndexManagementTimerTask.run
> (IndexManagementTimerTask.java:139)
>         at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
>         at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: no segments* file found in
> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@/mnt/san/indexwork/index-import/
> 15264: files:
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run
> (SegmentInfos.java:516)
>         at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:185)
>         at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:158)
>         at

org.sakaiproject.search.journal.impl.JournaledFSIndexStorage.getIndexReaderInternal
> (JournaledFSIndexStorage.java:835)
>         at

org.sakaiproject.search.journal.impl.JournaledFSIndexStorage.getIndexReader
> (JournaledFSIndexStorage.java:736)
>         at

org.sakaiproject.search.journal.impl.JournaledFSIndexStorage.getDeletionIndexReader