[Building Sakai] JSF Spring interaction in Sakai

Artur k Vieira arturkvieira at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 08:35:51 PDT 2009

Hi everyone, I am starting with sakai and web applications, and I am having
some problems with the instantiation of beans that use Spring dependency
injection.
I am using a crud jsf app-builder project.I this project, I have a Bean that
uses Spring's dependency injection, and I can use it in my jsf
normaly.Everithing works fine to this point.
The problem is the first page of my tool will not present any interface
component, it will only use the bean that I spoke of, to do some logic
business and then redirect to another page.Because of that, i dont use any
jsf tag with my bean, so it is not instantiated by jsf, neither by spring.I
find out a way to instantiate my jsf bean, but the spring dont inject the
dependencies on it.I know this may be a silly question, or/and perhaps not
related exactaly to sakai, but I would be really thankfull if someone could
give me a simple example of how instantiate a bean without jsf gui tags, but
making spring inject the dependencies on it.

Thanks everyone