[Building Sakai] Coverity scan

Berg, A.M. A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Thu Sep 24 02:51:00 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I totally like Stephens idea plus a security scan from Fortify https://opensource.fortify.com/teamserver/welcome.fhtml

I read the book  "Secure programming with static analysis" by the guys from Fortify http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVWHpyjqBkI
The book included a CD ROM with a trial version of their software. Findbugs is part of the product and Fortis sponsors Findbugs.

I don't mind helping out with the audit. If the Foundation can get a copy of the Fortis software then I do not mind evaluating its potential as part of a continuous build environment. The evaluation copy included with the book had limitations on number of files it could test and is rather old. I do not mind trying out the coverity software as well. The motivation being advice from papers published on static code review tools, basically each tool has its own strengths and weaknesses, so they generally complement each other.

Regards,

Alan

Alan Berg

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance