[Building Sakai] Scorm player integration with sakai 2.5

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Sep 23 10:44:47 PDT 2009

Hi Given,

The first step is to decide which SCORM player to use. It seems there are 3 current options, viz.:

1. The UC Davis player as updated by Edia

2. The icodeon player with the rsmart integration

3. The SCORMCloud player

icodeon involves a license fee, not sure about SCORMCloud. The UCDavis/Edia version is free, and also has more built-in tracking/reporting capabilities than the icodeon player in Sakai. I don't know much about the SCORMCloud player.

For our 2-6-x Sakai installation, we have this in our .externals file:

edia-scorm 	https://svn.edia.nl/edia-sakai/edia-sakai-scorm/branches/2.5.3

with these patches to update it for 2-6-x build:

http://source.cet.uct.ac.za/svn/sakai/patches/trunk/edia_scorm_player_poms.diff

Hopefully Edia or someone will soon package this up into a nice clean 2-6-x branch :-)

It would also be great if anyone had time to update the Confluence pages on SCORM as they're a little out of date wrt the current options.

Regards
Stephen

>>> Given Shirinda <given.shirinda at sita.co.za> 9/23/2009 12:03 PM >>>
Hi Team.

I want to add Scorm player module to sakai 2.5,
can anyone help with the installation guides.

Given

STATE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
MIYELANI GIVEN SHIRINDA.

E-LEARNING CONSULTANT [SAKAI]