[Building Sakai] Membership of copied site

Branden Visser branden at uwindsor.ca
Tue Sep 22 10:46:31 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Sometimes when we copy a site using SiteService.addSite(String, Site),
if the source site has dropbox installed, dropboxes for all the users on
the source site get created as well. This is not desired, since the new
site will definitely have a new roster.

I've narrowed this problem down to the fact that the copy process does
not clear the new realm's provider id, so if it still provides users
then the DropboxContextObserver generates folders for those users.

It appears as though the site-copying process does attempt to purge the
new realm's membership, so it smells like a bug. Should this be clearing
the provider as well?

Best,
Branden