[Building Sakai] Site Stats jobs that fail

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Mon Sep 21 01:45:53 PDT 2009

Hi Sean,
The fix for this is to find the last event id processed by the SiteStats
Event Aggregator Job, and set that value plus one (+1) as the last event id
on the row you referred (corresponding to the last job).

Since we can't specify target table 'SST_JOB_RUN' for update in FROM clause
(as subqueries), we have to issue 3 sql queries:

   - *(1)* select max(END_EVENT_ID) from SST_JOB_RUN)
   - *(2)* select max(ID) from SST_JOB_RUN)

The first (1) query will give you the last event id processed;
The second (2) will give the last job id;
Replace these on the query below and execute it:

   - update SST_JOB_RUN set END_EVENT_ID = *(1)* where ID = *(2)*;

However, I would like more information to understand why you have
END_EVENT_ID = 0 on your last job run.

   - Did you remove the entries from SST_JOB_RUN before the job started?
   - Are there any related ERRORs on you catalina.out logs?
   - Are your previous entries from SST_JOB_RUN equal to the one you
   referred?

It would be great if you could provide me you further information!

Thank you,
Nuno

2009/9/19 Sean Keesler <sean.keesler at threecanoes.com>

> I am seeing a site stat job fail with the following log entries:
>
> INFO: Starting job: DEFAULT.SiteStats Event Aggregator (2009-09-18
> 20:54:11,666
> QuartzScheduler_Worker-3_org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.StatsAggregateJobImpl)
> WARN: No events were returned - nothing to do. (2009-09-18 20:54:11,668
> QuartzScheduler_Worker-3_org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.StatsAggregateJobImpl)
> INFO: Summary: 0 events processed (ids: 0 - 0) in 0s (2009-09-18
> 20:54:11,669
> QuartzScheduler_Worker-3_org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.StatsAggregateJobImpl)
> INFO: Finishing job: DEFAULT.SiteStats Event Aggregator (2009-09-18
> 20:54:11,670
> QuartzScheduler_Worker-3_org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.StatsAggregateJobImpl)
>
> The last record in SST_JOBS_RUN is:
>
> ID: 662
> JOB_START_DATE: 2009-09-18 20:54:11
> JOB_END_DATE: 2009-09-18 20:54:11
> START_EVENT_ID: 0
> END_EVENT_ID: 0
> LAST_EVENT_DATE: NULL
>
> What is the right procedure to fix this?
>

> Sean Keesler
> 130 Academy Street
> Manlius, New York 13104 USA
> 315-663-7756
> sean.keesler at threecanoes.com

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Software Developer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00