[Building Sakai] Moodle export/import suitability for Sakai 3

Michael Korcuska mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Sep 18 14:02:39 PDT 2009

Yes, Lance's question is different and, as I think John is saying
below, it is worth examining Sakai 3 -> Sakai 3, Sakai 2 -> Sakai 3
and Sakai 3 <-> IMS CC at the same time. They is likely to be  common
infrastructure to generating/consuming each of these formats and it
would be good to have a design that takes these into account even if
we don't implement them all immediately.

Also, I've talked in the past with Moodle folks about a Sakai <->
Moodle interchange format that would capture more information than CC
does (a set of unofficial extensions to CC perhaps). There was
interest in this as a way to cooperate. We have a fair bit of work to
do, though, before we tackle that.

Cheers,

Michael