[Building Sakai] renaming Resources and WebDAV? Any progress?

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Fri Sep 18 06:45:22 PDT 2009

The discussion has never quite come to a conclusion about how to resolve the fact that files have a name and a title, and Resources shows and manages the title whereas WebDAV shows and manages the name.

But it does seem to me that for the simple case of name=title, it should be easy to make both WebDAV and Resources change them both rather than letting them get out of sync.

Cheers
Stephen

>>> "Speelmon, Lance Day" <lance at indiana.edu> 9/18/2009 3:15 PM >>>
We have an important program at IU that relies heavily on the Resources and WebDAV tools.  They are struggling with the age-old problem of renaming a resource in one tool is not reflected in the other.  Is there any hope of getting these fixed for Sakai 2?

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-1368
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-12081

Thanks, L

Lance Speelmon