[Building Sakai] Public access to a site

Balazuc Denis Denis.Balazuc at crim.ca
Thu Sep 17 11:26:32 PDT 2009

Hello Sakai Dev

We are building a tool and one of the requirement is to be able to allow some of its sites's content to be accessible without any authentication from our users (a public read-only mode). I've read around that the common Sakai way to have a 'public' access usually requires that, at some point, the accessing user be registered (even automatically) as a user within Sakai.

However, we do not want that and we're looking for a functionality similar to the one found in the Wiki tool, with regards to the way it allows pages to be viewed publicly. (I started from this discussion: http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2009-March/000087.html)

I noticed that the Wiki tool provides a "/access/wiki/site/XXX URL" to do just this. It's precisely what we want to achieve but I cannot find a pointer to get me started on how to do the same thing.

Anyone has an URL or a document I can read to get me started with this ? Does it involves any modification to the tool or is it simply a matter of configuring/using the Access component?

Thanks a lot for any information.
Cheers

Denis Balazuc
denis.balazuc at crim.ca

Conseiller - Développement et technologies internet
Centre de recherche informatique de Montréal / Computer Research Institute of Montreal
550, Sherbrooke Ouest,
bureau 100
Montréal (Québec) H3A 1B9
CANADA