[Building Sakai] Sakai auto-login

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 18:10:17 PDT 2009

Hi,

The generally accepted way to do this is using a CAS server where the
user logs into one application and their login credentials are shared
between the other applications that are CASified. Each app checks the
CAS server and if the user is authenticated, uses those credentials.

You'll need a CAS server though. Heres the docs:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~steve.swinsburg/CASifying
+Sakai

You could also authenticate via webservices and redirect to sakai with
the URL param ?sakai.session=12345...

which will log them in as well, assuming a valid Sakai session is
passed in.

cheers,
Steve