[Building Sakai] [Using Sakai] Sakai Slow Down

Berg, A.M. A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Fri Sep 11 04:58:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

A little more information please. Is there only one tomcat server running? If so you probably need to run it in 64 bit mode and use more than 4GB. Example settings can be found on confluence there is a good page for site instances. Delware is a good example.

There are a number of potential bottlenecks in a database driven web application, slow database connections, network, disk, CPU, memory etc. It is best to monitor all these factors.

If you are running out of  JVM memory set to 2.5 GB then that will give a warning in catalina.out. You may need to modify your JAVA_OPTS to produce GC log files or enable JMX so that you can look through tools such as Jconsole.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Alan Berg

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance