[Building Sakai] [Using Sakai] Sakai Slow Down

Nate Angell nate.angell at rsmart.com
Thu Sep 10 11:21:42 PDT 2009

Barb: Copying to the Sakai Developers list as per everyone's suggestion.

With the servers rSmart hosts for institutions with a similar profile
to Bradley, we usually deploy an app server for each 500 simultaneous
users (2 quad-core CPUs with 16GB RAM), so you may benefit from
another app server to improve response time and to handle peak loads
above your current sustained usage level.

Not sure what you mean by "stopped twice": very slow response times,
database pool ran out, permgen space error, java heap memory error? We
would analyze logs & any other information in order to try to find
hints to the root cause, which would suggest solutions. Perhaps tweak
the java garbage collection settings, things like that.

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist