[Building Sakai] YAFT: Single User View & Gradebook Integration

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Sep 7 08:41:47 PDT 2009

Hi Nate,

Nate Angell wrote:
> Adrian and others:
>
> I was looking at YAFT, which at least from the screenshots which seems
> to deliver well on its promise of simplicity and flexibility.
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/YAFT
Cool. That was the aim. I've been getting plenty of positive feedback
about the simplicity here at Lancaster. We have a large community of
small business owners using Yaft in intense but spaced out bouts and
they are finding it pretty transparent to use.

> We have a number of clients that have issues with both Forums/Message
> Center and Discussion Forums/JForum because it is not easy to view all
> the posts/comments for a single user in one view for grading purposes.
>
> So two questions:
>
> 1) Is there a view in YAFT or would one be easy to deliver where an
> instructor could view every contribution by a given user?
There isn't currently a single contributor view, but that could be added
without a lot of difficulty. If you could submit a feature request in
JIRA, that would be great.

> 2) Does YAFT have Gradebook integration? And if so, on what level can
> contributions be graded?
No, but I am getting quite a few requests to add it! Again, if you could
try and encapsulate your use case in a JIRA, that would place it on the
agenda.

> Thanks for any information you can give!
>
> --
> Nate Angell
> Client Evangelist
> @xolotl = twitter