[Building Sakai] Sakai Server OS

Speelmon, Lance Day lance at indiana.edu
Wed Sep 2 05:50:21 PDT 2009

Very wise recommendation.  :)  I would say that *most* are running Sakai under some variety of Linux, with some running under Solaris, or Windows.  L

Lance Speelmon
Scholarly Technologist

On Sep 2, 2009, at 8:17 AM, Peter Crowther wrote:

2009/9/2 Tiebout, Ryan <rtiebout at rwu.edu<mailto:rtiebout at rwu.edu>>

What are the most common or the recommended Operating Systems for installing Sakai and mysql onto?  Windows or which version of linux?

We are going to be installing and testing Sakai and we were wondering which type of installation has been found to run the best and/or what performs better.

Thanks for any answers.

My own recommendation: whatever your sysadmin team has experience of.  You'll lose far more time and performance learning a recommended-but-unknown OS than you will working with the one you know.

- Peter