[Building Sakai] Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) has on 1.5 JVM

Dunstall, Christopher cdunstall at csu.edu.au
Wed Sep 2 02:19:31 PDT 2009

I guess removing all copies of the MacOSX install of Java 1.5 off the internet goes a pretty long way to stopping you :P

Chris

On 2/09/09 7:07 PM, "Matthew Buckett" <matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

2009/9/2 Dunstall, Christopher <cdunstall at csu.edu.au>:

> I was at WWDC this year and attended the Java in Snow Leopard session.  All
> they have done (in regards to java versions that come with OSX) is removed
> all java versions previous to 1.6 from the Snow Leopard install.  They are not
> trying to stop you using previous versions, you can still install them.  It was
> just a conscious decision to move forward and try and encourage the
> developer community to do so as well.

Thanks for feeding this back.

> If you're upgrading the Snow Leopard, then just make sure you install java 1.5
> when you're done.

The latest I've found is:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/j2se50release4intel.html

which contains 1.5.0_06 which is a little way behind my current
version of 1.5.0_19.

http://support.apple.com/downloads/Java_for_Mac_OS_X_10_5_Update_4
seems to contain the latest version but also contains 1.6 JVMs.

--
  Matthew Buckett

Chris Dunstall | Service Support - Applications
Technology Integration/OLE Virtual Team
Division of Information Technology | Charles Sturt University | Bathurst, NSW

Ph: 02 63384818 | Fax: 02 63384181