[Building Sakai] Integration with Vyew, a web collaboration tool

Henry H henry at vyew.com
Sat Oct 31 14:11:05 PDT 2009

I want to integrate Vyew a web collaboration tool with Sakai and I want to
get a sense of how how hard or easy to do the following:
1. locate PDF files in the resource area of each class in Sakai 2.6
2. transfer the files to Vyew and Vyew will bundle all the PDFs for that
class and put it inside a VyewRoom
3. An URL to the VyewRoom will be transfer to Sakai
4. insert the link into the resource tab page for that class (where the PDFs
came from)
5. When students click on the Vyew link, their credential will be passed to
Vyew and they can enter the VyewRoom where the content from the class is
located.

So how hard is it to do the above (approximately how many hours)? If someone
is interested in doing this as a paid project, please contact me directly.

About Vyew: It is a browser collaboration tool with aggregated functions
from doc management, web conferencing and wiki. The application for the
above is to turn Vyew into a collaborative reader for instant use.