[Building Sakai] Sakai Usage Stats at institution level

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Fri Oct 30 09:50:57 PDT 2009

No I'm pretty sure this is all via:

SNMP, DB SQL, ripping through log files :-) The idea is this is
external monitoring of a system. This happens to be sakai :-) but could
be applied to most any web app .. The fun is just getting to the data
you want depicted visually.

The graphs and data are all done with rrdtool [1] with which you can
monitor your toaster (or anything else for that matter) if you want :-)

Adi has helped me out on some queries before .. check some other
threads.. RE monitoring heres one I know there's more though.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.sakai.devel/24916/focus=25199

[1] http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/

------
thanks