[Building Sakai] Can a map property be set in sakai.properties?

Joshua Swink joshua.swink at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:52:09 PDT 2009

I was able to use sakai.properties to set a list value in sakai.properties, e.g.

myList at edu.university.ClassName=item1,item2,item3

The setter method is: public void setMyList(List mylist) { this.myList
= myList; }

Is it possible to set a map value in the same way? Without needing to
write a parser in the setter method?

It seems that PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer is the class that handles
parsing the values, and its documentation claims that it can handle
lists and maps. But I have been unable to identify the syntax for a
map value.

--
Joshua Swink