[Building Sakai] Posting to a site outside Sakai

Bill Elliot bill.elliot at binoids.com
Fri Oct 23 14:16:45 PDT 2009

I am trying to create a tool that will, as part of its functionality, post
to a site outside of Sakai. In particular I will be posting to PayPal. But,
when I try to do this I think the fields are being stripped off by Sakai, as
the post will not work when it is done from a Sakai page. But, if I open the
tool's frame in a separate tab it works fine.

What do I need to do to ensure that the post to the external site will take
place without modification by Sakai?

The second part of my problem lies with the post back that PayPal will do to
our Sakai site. How do I set up a servlet so that PayPal can post directly
to it? I have tried setting up a servlet tool and can see and do a get
request to the tool, but PayPal cannot post to it.

Sr. Web Architect | Binoid Solutions Corp. <http://www.binoids.com/>    |
Calgary, AB, Canada
Tel 403.252-4490 | Fax 403.266-8628           | Cell 403.461-3365

 The information contained in this email (including any attachments) is:
confidential, proprietary, subject to copyright, and is intended only for
the use of the named recipient(s). If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately and delete all copies of the original
message. If you are not an intended recipient, please be advised that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, action taken or reliance upon this email
is strictly prohibited.