[Building Sakai] jsmath license

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:55:58 PDT 2009

Hi John,

Yep its now Apache 2.0 (as of 2005 actually):

Finally, a number of users have asked that the license for jsMath be
changed from the GPL to a more lenient one. To accommodate this,
jsMath has switched to the Apache Licence 2. This should make it
easier for you to include jsMath as part of your own packages, even if
they are commercial ones.

We have it in our local msub build, a word of warning though, it's
enormous and makes building the library webapp take an extremely long
time. It would be good to get into core though so the wiki has jsMath
support OOTB. Other tools could leverage this as well.

cheers,
Steve