[Building Sakai] Web DAV under Snowleopard does not work

Duffy Gillman duffy at rsmart.com
Fri Oct 16 09:15:16 PDT 2009

Hi George,

    I just ran into this problem yesterday.  Two Sakai Jira issues
exist on this front:

	http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-7460
	http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-16752

The long and the short of the matter is that the Mac Finder wants to
place a .DS_Store file into the remote directory.  It appears that
Sakai was modified to prohibit this behavior because the .DS_Store
file was showing up for other non-Mac users.  This was not a problem
until versions of OS X after 10.5.5 or so.

Stephen Marquard posted a solution: you can disable the prohibition
of .DS_Store by including a sakai.properties setting:

	webdav.ignore.count=0

This seemed to resolve both issues discussed in the Jira tickets above.

-Duffy

Duffy Gillman
Sr. Software Engineer
rSmart