[Building Sakai] Sakai Out of memory perm gen error

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Fri Oct 16 08:33:00 PDT 2009

If you are running out of permgen then just add this:
-XX:MaxPermSize=250m

That should be more than enough.

I use this for development. If you scale up the settings a bit then
this should work for production as well though I would recommend
monitoring it and doing some minor tuning if you see issues.
-server -Xmx876m -XX:MaxPermSize=250m -Djava.awt.headless=true
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote

-AZ

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Laura McCord <mccordl at southwestern.edu> wrote:
> I got the infamous out of memory error. Are there any suggestions on jvm
> garbage collection configurations for sakai?
>
> Thanks.

Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/azeckoski - http://www.linkedin.com/in/azeckoski
http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/ - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile