[Building Sakai] Assignments(2) auto-save as draft

Branden Visser branden at uwindsor.ca
Fri Oct 16 06:49:17 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

So, quite often, our students do this in assignments:

1. Click on the assignment to go submit it
2. Choose to attach a file
3. Attach x amount of files
4. Select "Continue"
5. Verify that their attachments are there
6. Close their browser.

When the deadline comes up, and they find out they had not submit, they
swear to the teacher that they did in fact submit their assignment.

By crunching some data in the event table, I am able to get the ref for
the file they had attached, download it, and provide it for the
instructor and student. But this is quite a bit of maintenance overhead.

I'm wondering if:

a) The community would be interested in (or has written) a patch that
saves the assignment as a draft each time the list of attachments
changes; and

b) Assignments2 can (if it hasn't already) learn from this usability
flaw and make sure there is something similar to deter this from happening.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Branden