[Building Sakai] Web service or command line tool for site archiving

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Wed Oct 14 16:17:08 PDT 2009

Steve Swinsburg wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Does the Sash command call the ArchiveService methods? If so I'd like
> to wrap this into an Axis webservice, can you point me in the right
> direction for where I should start digging through code?

It does.  The source of the command is here:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/sakaiscript/sash/trunk/sash-api-shared/src/java/sash/script/bin/sitearchive.py

Pretty straight forward calls to org.sakaiproject.archive.api.ArchiveService

I doubt it's a publicly usable component (ie. checks permissions based
on your threads session) so you'll probably want to check for isSuperUser.

-s