[Building Sakai] Web service or command line tool for site archiving

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Wed Oct 14 09:54:13 PDT 2009

There is a site archive command for Sash.   I'm still a bit sketchy
about people installing it on anything more than a dev box, but I'm
hoping to put in an IP filter, and default command whitelist for a soon
tag, which should make it a bit more safe to install on things.

The usage text at the command line:

[snip]
admin: sitearchive

Import and Export Site Data

sitearchive export siteid [siteid..]
  Export any number of site ids provided on the command line. For Sakai 2.5
  these archive files are going to be created in tomcat/sakai/archive.
Note
  however, this directory is configurable, so the destination may be
different
  on your system.

sitearchive import archiveurl siteid
  Import an archive into a site. The archiveurl should be the name of
directory
  containing the archive in tomcat/sakai/archive (or other directory if
your
  local customization is different

admin:
[snip]