[Building Sakai] Java 6 seems to be a problem for us

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Wed Oct 14 05:15:03 PDT 2009

That sounds about right. I agree, all of this stuff depends on load,
configuration, usage, etc.

If you run a lot of the JSF tools in your installation and they are
heavily used then your sessions are probably quite large and the total
number you have floating along with the sizes is what you care about.
You won't be able to get that info without connecting a profiler
unfortunately. I have used yourkit and jprofiler with Sakai and both
work well.

If you want a general sense of things, you can see the number of
sessions Sakai knows about using the online tool in the administrator
workspace.

-AZ

--
Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge