[Building Sakai] Random blank pages browsing Resources in FCK Editor

Murthy Tanniru murthy at etudes.org
Tue Oct 13 12:51:23 PDT 2009

Karl,
In  /jforum-tool/src/webapp/templates/default/post_form.htm/ and
/jforum-tool/src/webapp/templates/default/post_pm.htm/ there is script
tag to load the editor and the tag is as below.

<script type="text/javascript" defer="1">myeditor('message')</script>

Remove the defer attribute on the script tag that loads Fckeditor and
that should fix the issue.

Firefox 3.5 started supporting this attribute and that may be reason
some times the textarea is not displayed.

--
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Firefox_3.5_for_developers

The defer attribute is now supported on script elements
This attribute indicates to the browser that it may choose to continue
to parse and render the page without waiting for the script to finish
executing.

Thanks
Murthy

Murthy Tanniru