[Building Sakai] Sections and Project Sites

Qu, Yuanhua yq12 at txstate.edu
Tue Oct 13 12:06:48 PDT 2009

Ours also work fine.  We did run into similar issue before and we found that in group realm,  permission like section.role.student is only allowed to assign to one and only role in that group realm.  Same rule for section.role.ta and section.role.instructor.

If you happen to have more than one roles be assigned with same section.role.* ,  make sure only assigned to one role that really need that section.role.* will probably fix the issue.

-Qu

On 10/13/09 8:45 AM, "Stephen Marquard" <stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za> wrote:

We do, and they work correctly for us. Probably your group template realms are not configured correctly.

Regards
Stephen

>>> Raad Al-Rawi <raad at caret.cam.ac.uk> 2009/10/13 03:30 PM >>>
Hi All

Does anyone use Sections in Project worksites?
If so, do the sections operate successfully (i.e. you can assign site
members to sections)?

We have a problem where assigning members (who are of a role with the
section.role.student permission assigned) produces the message:

"The roles in this site are not configured correctly. Some or all of the
features in this tool will not work until the roles are configured
properly. Contact your system administrator for help."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Raad

--