[Building Sakai] RSS for Sakai SVN?

Nate Angell nate.angell at rsmart.com
Fri Oct 9 10:21:02 PDT 2009

I'm wondering if it would be possible to enable RSS feeds for Sakai's
SVN activity...perhaps easiest via our ViewVC:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn/

<snip>
How do I enable ViewVC's RSS feed capabilities?
ViewVC generates its RSS feeds from repository data mirrored in a
database as part of its MySQL integration. Follow the steps in
ViewVC's INSTALL file to setup and configure the MySQL integration and
begin mirroring your commit metadata in the database — the RSS feed
feature will then be enabled with no additional configuration.
</snip>
http://www.viewvc.org/faq.html#rss-support

If we had RSS of SVN, all sorts of interesting things could be done
with the available data. Specifically, I'm looking to automate commit
data visualization like Chuck once provided here. Having RSS available
would take about 3 buggy links out of the chain to automate the process:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~csev/sakai/data/movement-all.htm

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist