[Building Sakai] Investigating site exports from Sakai 2

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 9 06:49:47 PDT 2009

I agree. I am very concerned about the fact that we can't currently
export a user's content. I'm hoping that the Sakai 3 migration work
will provide a way to do that, but I consider it a bug if student
content isn't also include (perhaps optionally). It has two problems:

* We can't use it as a way for faculty to back up their site.
* Faculty will need access for several years to the original site, in
case there are any questions later about student grading or conduct.

I've always felt that there are a set of things a tool needs to
implement before we even accept it as contrib. One is exporting
content. As a tool developer who hasn't done that, that's going to
mean really good documentation on how to support copying a tool to a
new site and how to produce an export.