[Building Sakai] what methods to get all course site ids ?

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Tue Oct 6 02:14:50 PDT 2009

Hi Ishtiaq,
Having a *org.sakaiproject.site.api.Site* instance (and a *
org.sakaiproject.site.api.SiteService* instance), you can grab its
properties, set the term property and save the site:

Site siteEdit = ...
String courseTerm = "September 2009";
ResourcePropertiesEdit props = siteEdit.getPropertiesEdit();
props.addProperty("term", courseTerm);
siteService.save(siteEdit);

Hope it helps,
Nuno

2009/10/6 Ishtiaq Ahmad <organic.ishtiaq at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I have successfully create a site using SiteService..some value are missing
> right now... e.g. Term value... how can i add a term description with
> site...plz refer to screen shot..
>
> thanks.
> Ishtiaq Ahmad
>

> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> You've got it a bit mixed up. The site.cover.SiteService is static, so you
>> don't need to setup the private instances. Get rid of those and just use
>> SiteService.someMethod rather than siteService.
>>
>> You really should abstract this out into a logic layer though.
>> And use Spring to get your dependencies from the proper api package, not
>> the covers.
>>
>> Check out the Sakai App Builder plugin for Eclipse and generate a tool -
>> have a look at the logic layer and how its injected via Spring.
>>
>> cheer,s
>> Steve
>>

>> On 02/10/2009, at 6:10 PM, Small Cat wrote:
>>
>> I hava injected the SiteService API into my app by add some lines in
>> pom.xml ( pom.xml in tool directory )
>> *
>> <dependency>
>>           <groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
>>           <artifactId>sakai-site-api</artifactId>
>>  </dependency>*
>>
>> and in my java class
>>
>> *import org.sakaiproject.site.cover.SiteService;*
>> *import org.sakaiproject.site.api.*;
>> import org.sakaiproject.site.api.SiteService.SelectionType;
>> import org.sakaiproject.site.api.SiteService.SortType;
>> import org.sakaiproject.javax.PagingPosition;
>> // .....
>>
>> private SiteService siteService;
>>
>>     public void setSiteService(SiteService siteService) {
>>         this.siteService = siteService;
>>     }*
>>
>> Is it correct ?
>>
>> 2009/10/2 Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>
>>
>>> How have you injected the SiteService API into your app?
>>> If you just dump the List directly to the command line via:
>>> System.out.println("the list is: " +allCourseSites);
>>>
>>> what do you get? If you get null, thats the issue.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Steve
>>>

>>> On 02/10/2009, at 2:58 PM, Small Cat wrote:
>>>
>>> I test it, but it isn't successful :( , and i do'nt know how to fix it .
>>> :(
>>> this is my code in java bean
>>>
>>> *private SiteService siteService;
>>> public void setSiteService(SiteService siteService){
>>>         this.siteService = siteService;
>>>     }
>>> public List<Site> allCourseSites = siteService.getSites(
>>> SelectionType.ACCESS, null, null, null,SortType.TITLE_ASC, null);
>>> public String getOneSite(){
>>>         return allCourseSites.get(0).getTitle();
>>>     }*
>>>
>>> and this is code in .jsp file
>>>
>>> *<h:outputText value= " One of many sites is #{TestBean.oneSite}"/>*

> [...]

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Analyst/Programmer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00