[Building Sakai] How to Get Site ID

Ishtiaq Ahmad organic.ishtiaq at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 10:05:36 PDT 2009

thanks for reply,i have unique titles from external system... My external
system is oracle peoplesoft campus solution.
from the SiteService API I got the function getSites which you told me....
and now it is working for me....If any title will duplicate then no issue
for me as well.

thanks....

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Steve Swinsburg
<steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>wrote:

> Site titles are not uniquely constrained so you can't reliably use them as
> a key on which to look up info and assume you only get one result back. That
> said, if you did have unique titles so you could just do a DB query from
> Quartz and get the ID given the title.
> You obviously have the site titles in some external list, it would be best
> to record the site ID's along with them so you have all of the info at hand.
> You could do a table export from the DB and recreate your list.
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Ishtiaq Ahmad <organic.ishtiaq at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am adding members to site using Quartz Job.
>> I know the site title in which members will be added. Can you please tell
>> me how can I get site id if I know the title of the site.?
>>
>> I am using ServiceSite API but did't find any function which will return
>> the site id on the basis of site title?
>>
>> Lets say
>>
>> SITE_ID                                                             TITLE
>> 8c159075-9c79-44f1-abe6-c38a088e1a73              000298-01-0913-1-A-04907
>>

>> I know the title only (000298-01-0913-1-A-04907).
>>
>> Please tell me any solution or workaround to find site ID.....
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Ishtiaq Ahmad

Regards,