[Building Sakai] Move along

antranig at caret.cam.ac.uk antranig at caret.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 1 06:33:42 PDT 2009

Hello there fellows all,

As some of you may know, I am moving on from CARET and so this address
will not be working much longer. I will, however, still be in existence,
and doing much the same sort of thing - as part of the Fluid Project,
I have relocated from one partner to another, and as of yesterday am
working at the University of Colorado, Boulder, together with the
illustrious Clayton Lewis. I am excited at the opportunity to be
troublesome in an entirely new community. As you know, although the
formal partners on the Fluid Engage project are cultural institutions
rather than higher education, Fluid Infusion, our base framework,
is still an extremely active project and we are excited to continue
working with the partners we built up with it, including uPortal,
Sakai and others. So you haven't quite got rid of me yet. I will
of course continue to support users of the RSF framework, which
will probably be moving to have its infrastructure to be consolidated
with Fluid over the next few months.
For those of you hanging round Denver next summer, we stand to buy
each other a beer, or something harder, depending on the sign and
magnitude of accumulated obligation :P
My new email for work purposes will be Antranig.Basman at colorado.edu -
I will try to gradually phase out refs to the old one though this may
take some time. Look forward to working with you in another life,
brother :P
(Just to clear the decks from any charges of sexism, I do want to
make it clear that women are just fine to be fellows and brothers,
just in the same way that they can be gentlemen :P) (except for
an aunt, that is -
http://www.amazon.com/Aunts-arent-Gentlemen-P-G-Wodehouse/dp/0140041923 )

Cheers,
Antranig