[Building Sakai] Assignments dependency

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Mon Nov 30 05:09:41 PST 2009

Agree. We really need to be careful about webs of dependencies growing
any more than they already have. This is one of the major reasons why
entitybroker was developed (to create a method to support loose
coupling and weak dependencies).

-AZ

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM, David Horwitz <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za> wrote:
> To answer by own question yes assignments now requires OSP in order to
> run. IMHO this is unacceptable and have Jira'ed this as a blocker:
>
> http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17475

> On 11/30/2009 02:26 PM, David Horwitz wrote:
>> While adding assignments to my Cafe build I noticed that assignments has
>> 2 new worying dependencies:
>>
>> 1) org.sakaiproject.osp:osp-matrix-api:jar:2.8-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> 2) org.sakaiproject.osp:osp-common-api:jar:2.8-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> This is rather worrying - does assignments also have a runtime
>> dependency on OSP services?

Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/azeckoski - http://www.linkedin.com/in/azeckoski
http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/ - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile