[Building Sakai] SAK-15874 Java 1.6 transition

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 14:50:57 PST 2009

This is a good interim step. It should probably have been done a while ago
since 1.5 has been EOL'd for a long time now but better late than never!

I for one have been using JDK 1.6 to build Sakai for over a year and have
had no issues. Ideally, JSF based tools should be upgraded to JSF 1.2 to
work in Java 1.6 without the -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true in
JAVA_OPTS.

Here's the JIRA tracking the 1.6 upgrade:
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-15874

cheers,
Steve