[Building Sakai] Unable to upload large file/resource, but still smaller than content.upload.max?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:24:34 PST 2009

Hi Will,

As Remi said, to make sure your DB isn't restricted, if using MySQL and
storing content in the DB, set the max_allowed_packet to something big. I
blogged about this here:
http://steve-on-sakai.blogspot.com/2008/11/sakai-mysql-and-storing-content-in.html

This tidbit should probably be in the install guide as its come up a number
of times before.

You'll also need to make sure you have enough resources available to the
JVM. What are your JAVA_OPTS? With a 1.5-2Gb heap (wasn't any more than
that), we've successfully uploaded files around 400Mb to an offsite Oracle
cluster.

As for adding content via an InputStream rather than byte[], looks like
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-325 is the one and the fix version
is in Kernel trunk v1.1.0-beta04 (not 2.6.x):

cheers,
Steve