[Building Sakai] Unable to upload large file/resource, but still smaller than content.upload.max?

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 17 13:25:11 PST 2009

Why is this writing from a byte array to a file? Why aren't we using
the facilities to patch the input stream directly into a file output
stream? We want to use Sakai to support multimedia work, so we want to
allow uploads of several hundred MB. We'd probably allow 1 GB if we
could. However the resulting huge byte arrays are unfriendly for
Java's heap.