[Building Sakai] [Deploying Sakai] Trunk: ui package proposal

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 10 08:41:34 PST 2009

Seth Theriault wrote:
> Another observation is that the semi-rapid movement from a
> monolithic release (2.5) to a separated release (2.6 + K1) to a
> more modular bundle (2.7 + K1 + "independents") may be leaving
> some people in the dust. That's my main thrust here.

There was talk at one point about creating identified monolithic builds
after most of the major tools in Sakai were made independent.  Having a
simple way to build Sakai with Samigo automatically include (or similar
builds) is a desirable thing.  That said, I don't think we are at the
point of creating these custom aggregate builds.  We need to get the
independent pieces settled before they can be used (easily) to make
larger structures.

- Mark Norton