[Building Sakai] Quick Subversion OSX Install Note

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:50:54 PST 2009

Hi all,

I've never needed MacPorts for anything OS X related, the precompiled
binaries work fine (for both Subversion and Git). It seems we are
really pushing MacPorts in that article. When this came up on list
before I thought we decided we would try to make things easier by
pushing the binaries mostly? It gets a bit skipped in the flow.

The original issue that Charlie reported was a PATH issue with the
version of subversion that is installed in OSX being loaded as the
default because the location for the new one was added to the PATH
before the system one. This goes for other systems as well, that ship
with older or multiple versions of libraries.

Snow Leopard also includes Subversion 1.6.2 :)

cheers,
Steve