[Building Sakai] Get user session

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 04:24:05 PST 2009

Hi Wellington,

To get the current userId:
sessionManager.getCurrentSessionUserId();
This will be a Sakai userId, you might need to translate it into an
eid for use in other systems. See UserDirectoryService to get an eid
from a userid via a User object. Alternatively you can get a Session
object from the SessionManager and get the eid from that.

You'll need to inject the SessionManager API into your service via
Spring or use the ComponentManager to get it for you.

If you have the full source, issue mvn javadoc:javadoc -
Daggregate=true (or just mvn javadoc:aggregate) to get the docs. You
might need to repeat for the Kernel source since most core API's live
there.

cheers,
Steve