[Building Sakai] Transfer of selective course sites from one sakai to the another sakai

Speelmon, Lance Day lance at indiana.edu
Wed Nov 4 11:02:00 PST 2009

Gimmi,

This is not an often used case, but the path for you looks like:

1) Use the "Site Archive" tool from the admin workspace to archive the desired site.
2) This creates a directory usually under $TOMCAT_HOME/sakai/archive/siteId.
3) ZIp up the appropriate directory and transfer over to the target server.

Then - either:
4) Unzip into $TOMCAT_HOME/sakai/archive (i.e. source and target directories should be identical).
5) Then use the "Site Archive" tool to import.

Or:
6) Navigate to the desired target site.
7) Use the "Site Info -> Import from File" tool to import the zip file you created in #3.

Best, L

Lance Speelmon
Scholarly Technologist