[Building Sakai] Course Management API

Sam Chow samchow at ln.edu.hk
Sun Nov 1 23:59:16 PST 2009

Dear David,

I am using 2.6.1

Many Thanks~
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Horwitz
  To: Sam Chow
  Cc: sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org
  Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 3:57 PM
  Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] Course Management API

  Hi Sam,

  You will need to add the course management-api to you maven pom.xml so that maven can find it. What version of sakai are you using?

  David

  Sam Chow wrote:
Dear Sir,

I have create a sakai project appliction by using the Sakai App Builder, and i try to retrieve the information of the Acacdemic term. I have import this 2 package:

org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.AcademicSession
org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.CourseManagementServices;

And use this to get the information:

protected CourseManagementService cmService;
public void setCmService(CourseManagementService cmService){
    this.cmService = cmService;
}

And try this in the funciton fillComponents:

List<AcademicSession> existingAcademicSessions = cmService.getAcademicSessions();

But when i build the project, it have compilation error about the "package org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api does not exist".
Are they are configurmation i need to make to use the Coursemangment API?

Many Thanks!