[Building Sakai] display ids in forums

Johns, Cheryl cheryl.johns at yale.edu
Thu May 28 10:02:48 PDT 2009

+1, I tend to agree.

-----Original Message-----
From: sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org [mailto:sakai-dev-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] On Behalf Of John Bush
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:53 PM
To: Sakai-Dev
Cc: George Ivanitskiy
Subject: [Building Sakai] display ids in forums

SAK-12427 seems to have put users displayIds into the UI.  For privacy
reasons, there have been quite a lot of mods in the past to remove the
use of displayIds in the UI, but now we seem to be going the other
way.  We are already getting complaints about this from people running
2.6.  I imagine this is going to be an issue for others as well.

I think maybe we should consider rolling this change back, or at least
putting in a switch for institutions who don't want to users to see
displayIds.

John Bush
Development Manager
rSmart